If you are looking for a new reading challenge for the coming year, take a look at this list and see if you cannot find something that suits your reading needs, for 2021! Most of the listed challenges are year-long, others will be just for a specific month of the year.
- 52 Books in 52 Weeks. The goal is to read 52 books from the 52 different categories provided.
- Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge. Fill your bowls with one book for each letter of the Alphabet.
- The Audiobook Challenge. The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios this year.
- Beat The Backlist 2021 Challenge. The Beat the Backlist reading challenge is designed to help you tackle all the books you keep meaning to read and still haven’t.
- Beyond the Bookends 2021 Reading Challenge. This challenge features 12 categories – 1 for each month – that will inspire your reading journey for the road ahead.
- Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge. Read any book that is from the mystery, suspense, thriller, or crime genre.
- Diversify Your Reading Challenge. This challenge features 16 prompts: 12 genre prompts, and 4 bonus categories.
- Fantasy Reading Challenge. This reading challenge consists of 12 prompts, one for each month of the year.
- Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. Read historical fiction books from sub-genres like Historical Romance, Historical Mystery, Historical Fantasy, Young Adult, History/Non-Fiction, etc.
- Popsugar Reading Challenge. Read books that meet 40 random fun and interesting prompts. For an extra challenge read books that meet the 10 advanced prompts.
- Vintage Sc-Fi Month. The challenge, to read vintage science fiction books pre-dating 1979 during the month of January.
Please note that this is not a complete listing of all challenges that might be available, online. Rather it’s a curated list of those we feel might interest our readers the most.