Bonjour tout la monde, today’s Top Ten Tuesday choice of topic from Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl is Books On My Summer TBR list. I say list as opposed to pile, as most of these books are still on my wish list rather than sat on my coffee table. But still, these are all books I want to read in the next couple of months.
- A GOOD GIRL’S GUIDE TO MURDER by Holly Jackson is a YA murder mystery that sounds just as interesting as its adult counterparts. So yes, I’m going to give it a go.
- THE MAIDENS by Alex Michaelides, which comes out this week, has been on my list since I heard about this one—murder and tragedy at Cambridge University, in the UK.
- THE WISTERIA SOCIETY OF LADY SCOUNDRELS by India Holton is another of those anticipated reads. I mean, come on, with a title like that, who could resist wanting to know more. Sign me up already!
- CATALYST GATE by Megan E. O’Keefe is the third and final installment in her excellent space opera series The Protectorate. It comes out at the end of June and I can hardly wait.
- THE BONE CODE by Kathy Reichs is out in July and, as usual, Tempe is in the thick of it dealing in murder and bones. And, of course, there are always dark secrets at play.
- THE MADNESS OF CROWDS by Louise Penny is her next installment of her long running Three Pines series featuring Insp. Armand Gamache. And yes, I cannot wait to get my hands on the hardback.
- THE LESS DEAD by Denise Mina has me excited in anticipation, to quote: “She thought she was finding her birth mother. Now she’s searching for a killer.“
- MIDNIGHT AT MALABAR HOUSE by Vaseem Khan is a standalone whodunit set in India, in 1949, that promises a whole other look at an era and country we don’t normally get to read about that much.
And four books that are still sat on my coffee table awaiting my attention:
- THE LAW OF INNOCENCE by Michael Connelly
- THE ROSE CODE by Kate Quinn
- THE WOMEN OF CHATEAU LAFAYETTE Stephanie Dray
- THE BERLIN GIRL by Mandy Robotham
So, as you can see, I have plenty to look forward to this summer and, with 3 weeks of holidays coming up, I should have plenty of time on my hands to get a few of these read. And you, what exciting anticipated reads do you have coming up this summer?